Anuraag Rai, Bhavik Chauhan, Devshree N. Parmar
Anuraag Rai1*, Bhavik Chauhan2, Devshree N. Parmar3
1Assistant Professor, School of Pharmacy, Parul University, Vadodara.
2Assistant Professor, Faculty of Pharmacy, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara.
3Assistant Professor, Indubhai Patel College of Pharmacy and Research Centre.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2022
Natural herb oils of Origanum vulgare, Melaleuca alternifolia and Anethum graveolans were used to formulate a o/w emulsion type cream. Firstly, the authenticity of the cream was determined using reference standards such as thymol, carvone and cineole and then different phytochemical tests were carried out using standard procedures. The formulation of the cream was designed using Minitab software. The prepared cream was then subjected to antifungal assay. The synergistic effect of three herb oils were also studied and discussed.
Cite this article:
Anuraag Rai, Bhavik Chauhan, Devshree N. Parmar. Testing of Antifungal Activity of Herbal Cream Made with Natural Herbal Oils (Origanum vulgare, Melaleuca alternifolia, Anethum graveolans). Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2022; 14(3):185-1. doi: 10.52711/0975-4385.2022.00033
Anuraag Rai, Bhavik Chauhan, Devshree N. Parmar. Testing of Antifungal Activity of Herbal Cream Made with Natural Herbal Oils (Origanum vulgare, Melaleuca alternifolia, Anethum graveolans). Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2022; 14(3):185-1. doi: 10.52711/0975-4385.2022.00033 Available on: https://rjpponline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-14-3-7
1. Anti-Candida activity of few India Medicinal Herbs used in the treatment of Gynecological disorders. Shweta Shriwas, Raju Chouksey, Sumeet Dwivedi. 1, Indore : A and V Publications, 2021, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, Vol. 14.
2. Review on Mucormycosis: It is a life Threatening Infection. S.D. Mankar, Waditake Poonam, Prajakta Jejurkar. 4, Maharashtra : A and V publications, 2021, Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol. 11.
3. Formulation and Evaluation of Novel Herbal Ointment for the treatment of Fungal Infection. al., Muthukumar S. et. al 3, Tamil Nadu : A and V Publications, 2021, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, Vol. 14.
4. American: Oregano. Collins dictionary. 2014.
5. Growing culinary herbs in Ontarioa. July 19, 2010, Ontario Minsitry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
6. Pharmacognostic studies on Root-bark and fruit of Morinda tinctoria Roxb. Praveen A., Sajayan K.P. 3, Tamil Nadu : A and V Publications, 2018, Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, Vol. 10.
7. Malaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil: a Review of Antimicrobial and Other Medicinal Properties. C.F. Carson, K.A. Hammer, T.V. Riley. 1, American Society for Microbiology, Vol. 19.
8. Antifungal activity and phytochemical screening of Orignaum vulgare L. growing wild in Kashmir Himalayas. Christi, et. al. February 2016, International journal of innovative science, engineering and technology, Vol. 3.
9. Anethum graveolens: An Indian Traditional Medicinal Herb and Spice. S. Jana, G. S. Shekhawat,. 8, 2010, Pharmacognosy Reviews, Vol. 4, pp. 179-184.
10. Treatment of Tinea Versicolor Caused by Malassezia Furfur with Dill Seed extract- An experimental study. Mahmoud, et. al. 2, 2015, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol. 6. ISSN- 0975-1491.
11. HPTLC analysis and Phytochemical Investigation of Leaves of Euphoria longan. M. Nagarjan, AJM Christina, P. Devi, R. Meera. 1, Madurai : A and V Publications, 2010, Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry, Vol. 3.
12. Assay of Tectona grandis- A screening study.K.G. et.al., 1, Chennai : A and V Publications, Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, Vol. 13.
13. In Vitro antibacterial and Antifungal assay of Tectona grandis. K.G. Purushotham et. al, 1, Chennai : A and V Publication, 2010, Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, Vol. 2.
14. Proximate Analysis and Preliminary Phytochemical Standardization of Leaves of Two Malvaceous Plants. Switi Gaikwad, G. Krishna Mohan, Kavitha Reddy. 5, Hyderabda : A and V Publications, 2011, Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, Vol. 3.
15. https://fssai.gov.in/upload/uploadfiles/files/Revised-method-acid-value_Oils_Fats_20_02_2018.pdf. [Online]
16. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saponification_value. [Online]
17. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peroxide_value. [Online]
18. https://discoverfoodtech.com/test-for-rancidity-of-fats/. [Online]
19. https://www.intertek.com/polymers/testlopedia/ash-content-analysis/. [Online]
20. A Preliminary Study on Phytochemical Screening , Proximate Analysis and Anri-bacterial Activities of Andrographis paniculata Seed extract. Geetha S., Rajeshwari S. 5, Chennai : A and V Publication, 2019, Research Journal Of Pharmacy and Technology, Vol. 12.
21. A Review on Oils used in Herbal Cosmetics. Gite Shital, Jadhav Aishwarya J., Zalte Amar G., Saudagar Ravindra B. 1, Nasik : A and V Publication, 2013, Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences, Vol. 4.
22. https://microbeonline.com/potato-dextrose-agar-pda-principle-composition-colony-characteristics/. [Online]
23. Essential Oil Content And Chemical Composition Of Eight Dill (Anethum Graveolens L) Cultivars Cultivated Under Egyptian Conditions. Said-Al Ahl, Omer Ea,. 5, 2016, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol. 8.
24. Screening of antimicrobial and antioxidant activity of commercial Melaleuca Alternifolia ( tea tree) essential oils. Miloš Nikolić, et. al. 14 June 2012, Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, Vol. 6, pp. 3852-3858.