R. Ramasubramania Raja, Y. Haribabu, C.I. Sajeeth
R. Ramasubramania Raja1*, Y. Haribabu2, C.I. Sajeeth3
1Professor, Department of Pharmacognosy, Grace College of Pharmacy, Palakkad.
2Principal, Grace College of Pharmacy, Palakkad.
3Vice Principal, Grace College of Pharmacy, Palakkad.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2021
Congestive heart failure, occurs when our heart muscle doesn't pump blood as well as it must. Certain conditions, such as narrowed arteries in your heart (coronary artery disease) or high blood pressure, gradually leave your heart too weak or stiff to fill and pump efficiently. Herbal drugs like digitalis, squill, and stropanthus commonly find the treatment of heart diseases. Caridio active glycosides like having the purpurea glycosides A and B present in the herb of digitalis, glucoscillaren A and scillarenase having the squill and strophanthus having strophanthoside.
Cite this article:
R. Ramasubramania Raja, Y. Haribabu, C.I. Sajeeth. Cardiac Glycosides – The Review of Remedies in congestive heart Failure. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2021; 13(4):187-0. doi: 10.52711/0975-4385.2021.00032
R. Ramasubramania Raja, Y. Haribabu, C.I. Sajeeth. Cardiac Glycosides – The Review of Remedies in congestive heart Failure. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2021; 13(4):187-0. doi: 10.52711/0975-4385.2021.00032 Available on: https://rjpponline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-13-4-6
1. Pharmacognosy- C.K. Kokate, A.P. Purohit, S.B. Gokhale, 36th edition. Page no.- 194 -207
2. Trease and Evans Pharmacognosy, International Edition E-Book
3. Jean-Noel Bruneton. Pharmacognosy, Phytochemistry, Medicinal Plants
4. M. K. Moond, Manish K. Gupta, and P. C. Chouhan. A Text Book of Pharmagonosy
5. Gulnara Bedelbayeva, Zhannat Nurmakhanova, Murat Almukhambetov, Nazima Zarubekova, Ainur Nuftieva. Factors of the complicated course of the Myocardial infarction in Men and Women. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00323.2.
6. Krittika Ravi, Dhanraj Ganapathy, Sherlyn Sheeba. Cardiac Failure at Young age- A Review Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology .10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00490.0.
7. Sarumathy. S, Madhumitha. V, Vishali. M, Janani. S, Englebert Rynjah. M, Priyadharshini. A. Trends in Management of Congestive Heart Failure patients in A Tertiary Care Hospital -A Retrospective Study. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology .10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00661.9.
8. Moses Kandula, Karthika. P, Robin Abraham. Nurses Action towards Cardio Vascular Emergencies Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research .10.5958/2349-2996.2019.00024.7
9. Garach Bhavikkumar D. The rationale of use of combination therapy in hypertensive patients Research. Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics.
10. Khandelwal K.R (2008) Practical Pharmacognosy Techniques and Experiments. Page 56.