Nishant Nandkhile, Sachin Vanpure, Prathmesh Khetmalis, Rahul Bhondwe
Nishant Nandkhile*, Sachin Vanpure, Prathmesh Khetmalis, Rahul Bhondwe
Postgraduate Department of Chemistry, Tuljaram Chaturchand College, Baramati, Maharashtra - 413102, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2022
The plants are enormous source of medicinally important ingredients. The separation of active plants compounds leads to discovery of many drugs derived directly from plants. In the current study, The HPLC analysis is carried for the methanolic extracts of gives different peaks at 254 nm, it may be alcoholic compound. The FTIR spectrum confirmed the presence of alcohol, alkanes, carboxylic acid, aromatics, esters and ethers in methanolic extract of Sonneratia apetala. UV-Visible profile showed different peaks ranging from 200-800 nm with different absorption respectively. In silico study, especially physicochemical properties, lipophilicity, water solubility, pharmacokinetics, drug likeness and medicinal chemistry performed by using the Swiss ADME online tool.
Cite this article:
Nishant Nandkhile, Sachin Vanpure, Prathmesh Khetmalis, Rahul Bhondwe. Spectroscopic Analysis and ADME Studies of Phytochemicals in Methanolic Leaves Extract of Sonneratia apetala Buch.-Ham. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2022; 14(3):155-2. doi: 10.52711/0975-4385.2022.00029
Nishant Nandkhile, Sachin Vanpure, Prathmesh Khetmalis, Rahul Bhondwe. Spectroscopic Analysis and ADME Studies of Phytochemicals in Methanolic Leaves Extract of Sonneratia apetala Buch.-Ham. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2022; 14(3):155-2. doi: 10.52711/0975-4385.2022.00029 Available on: https://rjpponline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-14-3-3
1. Newman DJ, Cragg GM, Snader KM. The influence of natural products upon drug discovery. Nat Prod Rep 2000; 17: 175-285.
2. Rajeswara Rao BR, Singh K, Sastry KP, Singh CP, Kothari SK, Rajput DK and Bhattacharya AK. Cultivation Technology for Economicaly Important Medicinal Plants. In: Reddy KJ, Bahadur B, Bhadraiah B, Rao MLN, editors. Advances in Medicinal Plants. University Press; Hyderabad 2007. p. 112-122.
3. Sandeep B. Patil, Nilofar S. Naikwade, Chandrakant S. Magdum, Vikas B. Awale. Some Medicinal Plants Used by People of Sangli District, Maharashtra. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2011; 1(3): 53-54.
4. Robinson MM, Zhang X. The World Medicines Situation 2011. Traditional Medicines: Global Situation, Issues and Challenges. Geneva: World Health Organization.
5. Cosa P, Vlietinck AJ, Berghe DV, Maes L. Antiinfective potential of natural products: How to develop a stronger in vitro ‘proof-of-concept’. J. Ethnopharmacol 2006; 106: 290–302.
6. Rice-Evans C. Current Medicinal Chemistry. 2001; 8(7): 1, p. 797- 807.
7. Souza RSO, Albuquerque UP, Monteiro JM, Amorin ELC. Jurema-preta (Mimosa tenuiflora [wild.] poir) a review of its traditional use, phytochemistry and pharmacology. Braz Arch Biol Techn 2008; 51(5): 937-947.
8. Prabakaran M, V. Thennarasu, Panneerselvam A. Screening of Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antimicrobial Activities and Phytochemical Studies on Sphaeranthus amaranthoides (Burm). Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2011; 1(4): 125-129.
9. Preliminary phytochemical and pharmacognostical evaluation of Carissa spinarum leaves. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. Jan.-Mar. 2013; 3(1): 30-33.
10. Soosamma John, Madhavi T., Bincy Raj, Jincy Shaji, Vinutha. Phytochemistry and Pharmacology of an Important Indian Medicinal Plant Crataeva nurvala Buch Ham. Research J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2010; 2(4): 275-279.
11. Nikhat F, D Satyanarayana, Subhramanyam EVS. Phytochemistry and Pharmacology of Indian Medicinal Plants Zizyphus Mauritiana Lamk. Research J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2009; 1(1): 5-10.
12. Bandaranayake WM. Traditional and medicinal uses of mangroves. Mangroves Salt Marshes 1998; 2: 133-148.
13. Teja V.P. and Ravishankar K. (2013) Preliminary phytochemical investigation and in vitro antimicrobial activity of ethan uiolic extract of Sonneratia apetala plant. International Research Journal of Pharmacy, 4(6): 84-87.
14. Najjar H, Alawi M, AbuHeshmeh N and Sallam A. A rapid, Isocratic HPLC Method for Determination of Insulin and Its Degradation product. Advance in Pharmaceutics. Article ID 749823, 2014 6 pages.
15. Om Prakash, Debarshi Kar Mahapatra, Ruchi Singh, Namrata Singh, Neelam Verma Akash Ved. Development of a New Isolation Technique and Validated RP-HPLC method for Quercetin and Kaempferol from Azadirachta indica leaves. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2018; 8(3): 164-168.
16. Analytical Method Development and Method Validation for the Simultaneous Estimation of Metformin hydrochloride and Pioglitazone hydrochloride in Tablet Dosage Form by RP-HPLC. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. July-Sept. 2012; 2(3): 85-89.
17. Goudanavar P, Shah SH and Hiremath D (2011). Development and characterization of Lamotrigine orodispersible tablets: Inclusion complex with hydroxy propyl β-CD. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2011; 3: 975-1491.
18. Samer Housheh, Saleh Trefi, M. Fawaz Chehna. Identification and Characterization of Prasugrel Degradation Products by GC/MS, FTIR and 1H NMR. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2017; 7(2): 55-66.
19. Izonfuo W.A.L., Fekarurhobo G.K., Obomanu F.G., Daworiye L.T. J. Appl. Sci. Environ. Manag., 2006; 10: 5
20. Espinosa-Morales Y., Reyes J., Hermosín B., Azamar-Barrios J.A. Material Research Society Symposium Proceeding, 2012: 1374
21. Quantitative Evaluation of Carbohydrate Levels in Different Natural Foodstuffs by UV-Visible Spectrophometer. Asian J. Pharm.Ana. 2012; 2(1): 10-11.
22. Kavya Mannem, Ch. Madhu, V.S. Asha, V. Prateesh Kumar. Quantitative Evaluation of Carbohydrate Levels in Green Leafy Vegetables for Home use by UV-Visible Spectrophotometer. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2012; 2(3): 79-80.
23. Daina A, Michielin O, Zoete V, SwissADME: a free web tool to evaluate pharmacokinetics, druglikeness and medicinal chemistry friendliness of small molecules. Sci Rep. 7 (2017 a) 42717
24. Daina A, Blatter M-C, Gerritsen VB, Palagi PM, Marek D, Xenarios I, Schwede T, Michielin O, Zoete V, Drug design workshop: A web-based educational tool to introduce computer-aided drug design to the general public. J Chem Educ. 94 (2017 b) 335-344
25. Daina A, Zoete V, A BOILED-Egg to predict gastrointestinal absorption and brain penetration of small molecules. ChemMedChem. 11 (2016) 117-1121
26. Daina A, Michielin O, Zoete V, iLOGP: A simple, robust, and efficient description of noctanol/water partition coefficient for drug design using the GB/SA approach. J Chem Inf Model. 54 (2014) 3284-3301
27. 17. Cheng T., Zhao Y, Li X, Lin F, Xu Y, Zhang X, Li Y, Wang R, Lai L, Computation of octanol-water partition coefficients by guiding an additive model with knowledge. J Chem Inf Model. 47 (2007) 2140-2148
28. 18. Wildman SA, Crippen GM, Prediction of physicochemical parameters by atomic contributions. J Chem Inf Model. 39 (1999) 868-873
29. Moriguchi I, Shuichi H, Liu Q, Nakagome I, Matsushita Y, Simple method of calculating octanol/water partition coefficient. Chem Pharm Bull. 40 (1992) 127-130
30. Moriguchi I, Shuichi H, Nakagome I, Hirano H, Comparison of reliability of log P values for drugs calculated by several methods. Chem Pharm Bull. 42 (1994) 976-978
31. Lipinski CA, Lombardo F, Dominy BW, Feeney PJ, Experimental and computational approaches to estimate solubility and permeability in drug discovery and development settings. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 46 (2001) 3-26
32. Brenk R, Schipani A, James D, Krasowski A, Gilbert IH, Frearson J, Wyatt PG, Lessons learnt from assembling screening libraries for drug discovery for neglected diseases. ChemMedChem. 3(3) (2008) 435-444
33. Baell JB, Holloway GA New substructure filters for removal of pan assay interference compounds (PAINS) from screening libraries and for their exclusion in bioassays. J Med Chem. 53 (2010) 2719-2740
34. Bruns RF, Watson IA, Rules for identifying potentially reactive or promiscuous compounds. J Med Chem. 55 (2012) 9763-9772
35. Irwin JJ, Duan D, Torosyan H, Doak AK, Ziebart KT, Sterling T, Tumanian G, Shoichet BK an aggregation advisor for ligand discovery. J Med Chem. 58(17) (2015) 7076-7087
36. Ertl P, Schuffenhauer A, Estimation of synthetic accessibility score of drug-like molecules based on molecular complexity and fragment contributions. J Cheminform. 1(1) (2009) 8. doi:10.1186/ 1758-2946-1-8 doi: 10.1016/j.jconrel.2004.01.011.