The whole worldwide, now a days use many herbal product for healthy and happy life. In ancient system there are Ayurveda Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy systems of medicines includes various different herbs, crude drugs, medicinal plants. Many ayurvedic herbs are known for its important medicinal property. Medicinal plants are mostly used for wide range of constituent present in it. In Ayurveda system of medicine, antimicrobial herbs find to be used in many ayurvedic preparations. Various antimicrobial herbs have been used against different microbial infection like bacteria, virus, fungi protozoa, helminths etc. and many more different infectious agent of different diseases. The active chemical constituents present in herbs or crude drug or medicinal plants inhibits the growth of microorganisms. The present attempt has been made to review studied various antimicrobial herbs.
Cite this article:
Sherekar P. P. Antimicrobial agent from Plants and Herbs: A systemic Review. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2021; 13(4):179-1. doi: 10.52711/0975-4385.2021.00030
Sherekar P. P. Antimicrobial agent from Plants and Herbs: A systemic Review. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2021; 13(4):179-1. doi: 10.52711/0975-4385.2021.00030 Available on: https://rjpponline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-13-4-4
1. Plant Product as Antimicrobial Agent-Clinical Microbiology Reviews Oct.1999
2. Development and Evaluation of Polyherbal Entoban Syrup-Sadia Shakeel, Zeeshan Ahmed Shaikh, Syed Faisal Zaidi, Khan Usmanghani June-2013
3. In Vitro Evaluation of Antimicrobial Activity of Entoban Syrup; A Polyherbal Formulation-Sadia Shakeel, Khan Usmanghani, Zeeshan Ahmed Sheikh, Aqib Zahoor and Somia Gul. RJPP-Vol.-4 March 2015
4. Techniques for Evaluation of Medicinal Plant Product as Antimicrobial Agent: Current Methods and Future Trend-Journal of Medicinal Plant Research-Vol.4, Jan. 2010 K. Das, R.K.S. Tiwari, D.K. Shrivastav
5. Phytochemical Analysis and Antimicrobial Activity of Ceasalpenia Bonducel Leaves. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science Reviews and Research Manohar G. Chaskar, Nirmala R. Kakade, April -2017, Article-39.
6. Pharmacognosy and Pharmacology of Nigella Sativa-A Review-International Research Journal of Pharmacy, Saha Rajshekha, Bhupendar Kuldeep
8. A Review of Pharmacognostical Studies on Moringa oleifera Lam. Flowers-Tom Mathew Kalappurayil, Benny Pulinilkkumthadathil Joseph, Pharmacognosy Journal-2017
9. Balancedconcept.net/top_antmicrobial herbs.