Ashwini R. Pawar, Chandrawadan V. Panchal, Priti B. Savant, Snehal S. Salghante, Shubham G Patil
Ashwini R. Pawar*, Chandrawadan V. Panchal, Priti B. Savant, Snehal S. Salghante, Shubham G Patil
1,2.4.5Maharashtra College of Pharmacy Nilanga, Tq. Nilanga, Dist. Latur, Maharashtra 413521.
2Sahyadri College of Pharmacy Methwade Tal, Sangola, Dist. Solapur, Maharashtra 413307.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2023
The objective of this work is the conversion of trikutachurna into stable, palatable and patient acceptable granules to swallow conveniently by wet granulation method, using suitable binding agents. In Trikuta as essential ingredients of numerous prescription and formulations used for wide range of disorders. Ayurvedic system of medicine prescribes Trikatu for the management of tastelessness (Arocaka) disturbed digestion (Agnimandya and Amadosa), diseases of nose (Pinasa) and upper respiratory tract (Gala and swasaroga, Kasa), excess and frequent urination (Meha), edema (Gulma), obesity (Sthaulya), Filariasis (Slipada), and skin diseases (Tvakroga). Trikatu acts primarily by its effect on stomach, liver, and pancreas. In stomach, it increases production of digestive juices thereby stimulating digestion. In liver, it acts as Cholagogue and increases production of bile salts by stimulating gallbladder functioning. Trikatu also has its influence on pancreatic functioning.
Cite this article:
Ashwini R. Pawar, Chandrawadan V. Panchal, Priti B. Savant, Snehal S. Salghante, Shubham G Patil. A Review on Granulation of Trikuta Churna. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2023; 15(1):39-5. doi: 10.52711/0975-4385.2023.00007
Ashwini R. Pawar, Chandrawadan V. Panchal, Priti B. Savant, Snehal S. Salghante, Shubham G Patil. A Review on Granulation of Trikuta Churna. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2023; 15(1):39-5. doi: 10.52711/0975-4385.2023.00007 Available on: https://rjpponline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-15-1-7
1. International Educational Applied Research Journal (Iearj) Volume 03, Issue 06, June 2019 E-ISSN: 2456-6713
2. Journal of Ayurveda Medical Sciences Peer Reviewed Journal of Ayurveda and other Traditional Medicines Standardisation and Quality Control – Formulation Pharmacognostical and Phytochemical Evaluation of a PolyherbalAyurvedic Formulation Trikatu churna
3. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge Vol. 16(2), April 2017, pp. 256-262 Development of chewable tablet of Trikatu churna and standardization by densitometry Shailendra Mani Tripathia, Ram JeeSharmaa
4. Trikatu - A combination of three bioavailability enhancers Rahul Kaushik, Jainendra Jain, Azhar Danish Khan, Pallavi Rai1 Department of Pharmacy, Ram-Eesh Institute of Vocational and Technical Education, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
5. ShailajanSunita et al / IJRAP 2011, 2 (6) 1676-1678 International Bioanalytical Tools Shailajan Sunita, Sayed Neelam, Joshi Harshvardhan, Tiwari Bhavesh F-13, Herbal Research Lab, RamnarainRuia College, Matunga (E), Mumabai – 400 019 India.
6. Granulation techniques and technologies: recent progresses Srinivasan Shanmugam, Pharm. R and D Institute, Hanmi Pharm. Co., Ltd., Hwasung, Gyeonggi, Korea.
7. Introduction To Trikatu churna: Comparative Study Of PolyherbalAyurvedic FormulationsDivya N1., Pramod V. Pattar1† and Ramalingappa2 1Department of Botany, Davangere University, Shivagangothri, Davangere. Karnataka, India. 577 002.2Department of Microbiology, Davangere University, Shivagangothri, Davangere. Karnataka, India. 577 002.
8. International research journal of pharmacy www.irjponline.com
9. Comparative study of herbal formulation and marketed formulation of trikutachurna.Vikassharma, Rahulkaushik, Pallavi rai.