Sachin Vanpure, Nishant Nandkhile, Rahul Bhondwe, Suresh Palve
Sachin Vanpure*, Nishant Nandkhile, Rahul Bhondwe, Suresh Palve
Postgraduate Department of Chemistry, Tuljaram Chaturchand College, Baramati, Maharashtra, India, 413102.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2022
Phytochemicals are biologically active compounds found in plants. Phytochemicals of medicinal plant can cure various diseases thus phytochemical screening of plants is necessary for the discovery and devlopment of therapeutic agents. In present study. The FTIR spectrum of crude extract confirmed the presence of alkanes, carboxylic acid, alcohol, aromatics and esters. The HPLC analysis of methanolic extract shows 11 peaks at 254nm, it may be phenolic and alcoholic compounds. The plant extract was scanned by using UV-VIS spectrophotometer ranging from 200-700nm and characteristic peaks were detected with different absorption respectively. The ADME study particularly focuses on important properties like lipophilicity, water solubility, pharmacokinetic, drug likeness, medicinal chemistry and this study carried out by using insilico ADME tool called Swiss ADME.
Cite this article:
Sachin Vanpure, Nishant Nandkhile, Rahul Bhondwe, Suresh Palve. Spectroscopic Analysis and ADME prediction of Phytochemicals in Methanolic Leaves Extract of Avicennia marina. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2022; 14(4):231-9. doi: 10.52711/0975-4385.2022.00041
Sachin Vanpure, Nishant Nandkhile, Rahul Bhondwe, Suresh Palve. Spectroscopic Analysis and ADME prediction of Phytochemicals in Methanolic Leaves Extract of Avicennia marina. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2022; 14(4):231-9. doi: 10.52711/0975-4385.2022.00041 Available on: https://rjpponline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-14-4-2
1. Simlai, A.; Roy, A.: Biological activities and chemical constituents of some mangrove species from Sundarban estuary. Pharmacogn. Rev. 7(14), 170–178 (2013)
2. W. M. Bandaranayake, “medicinal uses of mangroves,” Mangroves and Salt Marshes, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 133– 148, (1998).
3. Gawali, P., Jadhav, B.L., 2011. Antioxidant activity and antioxidant phytochemical analysis of mangrove species Sonneratia alba and Bruguiera cylindrical. Asian. Asian Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences 13, 257–261.
4. Prakash S. Sukhramani, Piyush M Patel. In-vitro biological screening of Avicennia marina for Anticancer activity. Research J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2013; 5(5): 297-301.
5. Bandaranyake, W.M. 2002. Survey of mangrove plants from northern Australia for phytochmical constituent and UV absorbing compound. Cure. Topics in phytochem. Life Sci. Adv., 14: 69-78.
6. Akash Shelke, Someshwar Mankar, Mahesh Kolhe. A Review on Analytical Methods for estimation of Apremelast in Bulk, Pharmaceutical Formulation and in Biological Samples. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2021; 13(2):142-6.
7. Bushra Khan, Umbreen Ashraf, Anam Tariq, Mamoona, Rehmana. Synthesis and Characterization of Ter-Butyl Chloride and Its Derivatives (Ter-Butyl Zinc Chloride and Ter-Butyl Lead Chloride) By Using TLC, FTIR, UV/VIS and GC/MS Techniques. Asian J. Research Chem. 3(4): Oct. - Dec. 2010; Page 1011-1014.
8. Mrunal K. Shirsat, Gupta S. K. Vaya, R., Dwivedi J., Singhvi I. J., M. S. Ashawat, Mahatma O.P. Chemometric Study of Herbal Extracts of Calotropis gigantea Linn. By FT-IR Spectroscopy. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 4(7): July 2011; Page 1052-1054.
9. Vinoth, A., Balakrishnan, V., Kalaivani, R., Madhanraj, P., N. Nadimuthu. FTIR Spectrum Characteristic of Treated Spent Oil with Fungi. Research J. Science and Tech. 6(4): Oct. - Dec.2014; Page 185-193.
10. L. Satyanarayana, S.V. Naidu, M. Narasimha Rao, C. Ayyanna, Alok Kumar. The Estimation of Raltigravir in Tablet dosage form by RP-HPLC. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 1(3): July-Sept. 2011; Page 56-58.
11. H. S. Jumde, S. D. Mankar. Review on development of Analytical Method and Validation by Reverse Phase – High Performance Liquid Chromatography. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 12(2):179-2.
12. Kadam T.V., Darekar A.B., Gondkar S.B., Saudagar R.B. Development and Validation of Spectrophotometric Method for Determination of Azelaic Acid. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 5(2): 2015; 83-85.
13. Ch. Madhu, J. Swapna, R. Sneha Spandana, I. Niharika, K. Rohith Raj, B. Kalyan, M.raja Rajeshwari, T. Prathyusha. Quantitative Evaluation of Carbohydrate Levels in Seeds for Home use by UV-Visible Spectrophotometer. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2(4): Oct. - Dec. 2012; Page 104-105.
14. Hepcy Kalarani D, Venkatesh P, Ravindra Reddy K, Dinakar A. A Simple and Precise Method for the Estimation of Simvastatin in Formulations by UV-Visible Spectrophotometer. Research J. Pharm. and Tech.2 (4): Oct.-Dec. 2009; Page 878-879.
15. Izonfuo W.A.L., Fekarurhobo G.K., Obomanu F.G., Daworiye L.T. J. Appl. Sci. Environ. Manag., 2006, 10:5
16. Espinosa-Morales Y., Reyes J., Hermosín B., Azamar-Barrios J.A. Material Research Society Symposium Proceeding, 2012:1374
17. Egan WJ, Merz KM, Baldwin JJ. Prediction of Drug Absorption Using Multivariate Statistics. J Med. Chem. 2000; 43(21):3867-3877.
18. O’Boyle NM et al. Open Babel: An open chemical toolbox. J. Chem inform. 2011; 3: 33.
19. Daina Antoine, Olivier Michielin, Vincent Zoete. SwissADME: a free web tool to evaluate pharmacokinetics, drug likeness and medicinal chemistry friendliness of small molecules. Nature - Scientific Reports. 2017; 7:42717.1-13.
20. Cheng, T. et al. Computation of Octanol−Water Partition Coefficients by Guiding an Additive Model with Knowledge. J Chem Inf Model 47, 2140–2148 (2007).
21. Wildman, S. A. & Crippen, G. M. Prediction of Physicochemical Parameters by Atomic Contributions. J. Chem. Inf. Model. 39, 868–873 (1999).
22. Moriguchi, I., Shuichi, H., Liu, Q., Nakagome, I. and Matsushita, Y. Simple Method of Calculating Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 40, 127–130 (1992).
23. Moriguchi, I., Shuichi, H., Nakagome, I. and Hirano, H. Comparison of reliability of log P values for Drugs calculated by several methods. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 42, 976–978 (1994).
24. Daina Antoine, Olivier Michielin, Vincent Zoete. SwissADME: a free web tool to evaluate pharmacokinetics, drug likeness and medicinal chemistry friendliness of small molecules. Nature - Scientific Reports. 2017; 7:42717.1-13.
25. Yalkowsky SH, Valvani SC. Solubility and partitioning I: Solubility of nonelectrolytes in water. J Pharm Sci. 1980; 69:912-922.
26. Montanari, F. and Ecker, G. F. Prediction of drug-ABC-transporter interaction–Recent advances and future challenges. Adv. Drug Deliv. Rev. 86, 17–26 (2015).