Sanket Jain, Sujit Pillai, Rampal Singh Mandloi, Nikhlesh Birla
Sanket Jain1*, Sujit Pillai1, Rampal Singh Mandloi2, Nikhlesh Birla3
1Principal, GRY Institute of Pharmacy, Borawan, Distt. Khargone, 451228, MP., India.
2GRY Institute of Pharmacy, Borawan, Distt. Khargone, 451228, MP., India.
3GRY Institute of Pharmacy, Borawan, Distt. Khargone, 451228, MP., India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2021
Ondansetron is an anti-emetic drug which is insoluble in water. The present study was aimed to formulate and evaluate oral fast dissolving tablet of Ondansetron by Utilizing Liquisolid Compact Technique. The tablets were prepared by direct compression method and characterized by UV, FTIR studies. Six formulations (F1-F6) of ondansetron were prepared and tablets were evaluated for weight variations, hardness, thickness, friability, disintegration time, drug content and In-vitro dissolution studies gave satisfactory result. TF6 was found to be the best and acceptable formulation whose drug content was about 99.17±0.05 and percentage (%) drug release 97.49±2.03 in 10 min, high as compare to other formulation and has low disintegration time 17±0.01 as compare to other formulation which indicates that drug is rapidly dissolved and available at the site of action.
Cite this article:
Sanket Jain, Sujit Pillai, Rampal Singh Mandloi, Nikhlesh Birla. Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Tablet of Ondansetron by Utilizing Liquisolid Compact Technique. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2021; 13(4):163-8. doi: 10.52711/0975-4385.2021.00027
Sanket Jain, Sujit Pillai, Rampal Singh Mandloi, Nikhlesh Birla. Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Tablet of Ondansetron by Utilizing Liquisolid Compact Technique. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2021; 13(4):163-8. doi: 10.52711/0975-4385.2021.00027 Available on: https://rjpponline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-13-4-1
1. Remeth Jacky Dias, Mali Krishnat Kailas, Ghorpade Sampatrao Vishwajeet, Havaldar Daulatrao Vijay, Mohite V.R. Formulation and Evaluation of Carbamazepine Liquisolid Compacts Using Novel Carriers. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. 2017; Vol 51 Issue 2, pg no. 69-78.
2. Sharma Govil, Khatry Sadhna, Arora Sandeep. Formulation and characterization of liquisolid compacts of valsartan. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2012, 5(8), 4158-4162
3. Yellela SRK. Pharmaceutical technologies: for enhancing oral bioavailability of poorly soluble drugs. Journal of Bioequivalence and Bioavailability. 2010; 2 no.2: 28–36.
4. Sharma D, Soni M, Kumar S, Gupta G. Solubility enhancement: eminent role in poorly soluble drugs. Research J Pharm and Tech. 2009; 2 no. 2:220–224.
5. Vemula VR, Lagishetty V, Lingala S. Solubility enhancement techniques. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research. 2010; 5 no. 1: 41–51.
6. Javadzadeh Y., Nokhodchi A et. al. Liquisolid technique for dissolution rate enhancement of a high dose water-insoluble drug (carbamazepine). International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 341: (2007) 26–34.
7. Gubbi Sanjeev, Jarag Ravindra. Liquisolid Technique for enhancement of dissolution properties of Bromhexine Hydrochloride. Research J. Pharm. and Tech., 2 (2): April.-June. (2009), 382-386.
8. Karmarkar Amrit B., Gonjari Indrajeet D et. al. Dissolution rate enhancement of Fenofibrate using Liquisolid Tablet Technique, Latin American Journal of Pharmacy, 28 (2): (2009) 219-25.
9. Mulagada Sravanthi, Baratam Rao Srinivasa. Design and Evaluation of Ondansetron Fast Disintegrating Tablets Using Natural Polymers and Modified Starches as Super Disintegrants for the Enhancement of Dissolution. Journal of Young Pharmacists. 2017, Vol 9 Issue 4 pg no. 519-524.
10. Ramsook C, Sahagun-Carreon I, Kozinetz CA, Moro-Sutherland D: A randomized clinical trial comparing oral ondansetron with placebo in children with vomiting from acute gastroenteritis. Ann Emerg Med. 2002 Apr; 39(4): 397-403.
11. Kumari Kamala P.V., Rao Trinandar M., Rao Shrinivasa Y., M. Ashwini. Formulation and evaluation of Ketoprofen by liquisolid compact method. Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev.Res., 33(2), July-August 2015: Article No. 09, Pages: 45-49
12. Chandel Priya, Raj Kumari, Kapoor Ankita. Liquisolid Technique: An Approach for Enhancement of solubility: Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics; 2013, 3(4), 131-137
13. L. Lachman, H. A. Lieberman, J. L. Kanig. The Theory and Practice of Industrial Pharmacy. 3rd ed. Mumbai: Varghese Publishing House: 1987, P. 297-317.