Sanket Jain, Sujit Pillai, Rampal Singh Mandloi, Nidhi Namdev, Nikhlesh Birla
Sanket Jain*, Sujit Pillai, Rampal Singh Mandloi, Nidhi Namdev, Nikhlesh Birla
GRY Institute of Pharmacy, Borawan (Distt. Khargone) 451228.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
The present study was aimed to formulate and evaluate oral fast dissolving oral films of Labetalol Hydrochloride using different grades of water soluble polymers HPMC (E5, E15, E50). The suitable plasticizer Propylene Glycol were selected for the preparation of the film. The films are prepared by solvent casting method. Nine formulations (F1-F9) of Labetalol Hydrochloride films were prepared and films were evaluated for appearance, weight variations, thickness, folding endurance, surface pH, drug content and In-vitro dissolution studies gave satisfactory result. F2 was found to be the best and acceptable formulation which contains HPMC E5 whose drug content was about 99.06±0.025% and percentage (%) drug release in 9 min. is about (99.2±0.152%) high as compared to other formulation and has surface pH of (6.6±0.126) obtained in simulated saliva (pH buffer 6.7).
Cite this article:
Sanket Jain, Sujit Pillai, Rampal Singh Mandloi, Nidhi Namdev, Nikhlesh Birla. Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving film of Labetalol Hydrochloride. Res. J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochem. 2021; 13(1):1-4. doi: 10.5958/0975-4385.2021.00001.7
1. Khatoon Naziya, Rao N. G. Raghavendra, Reddy B. Mahipal. Formulation and Evaluation of Oral Fast Dissolving Films of Montelukast Sodium. IJPSR. 2014; 5(5): 1780-1787.
2. Kothapuvari Pavan Kumar, Rawat Swati, Darna Bhikshapathi. Fast dissolving oral films of almotriptan malate: Preparation and in vitro/in vivo evaluation. Innovations in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology. 2015; 1(1): 111-125.
3. Patil Pallavi., Shrivastava S. K. Fast Dissolving Oral Films: an Innovative Drug Delivery System. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR). July 2014; 3 (7); 996-1060.
4. Gottumukkala Verma Manoj, Senthil Kumar K, Mohammed Gulzar Ahmed and Krishna K. An approach to formulate and evaluate Labetalol as Fast dissolving tablets. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2014; 3(6): 735-754.
5. Nagar Bhanu, Sheorey Sonali, Agrawal Vipul, Shah Nirmal, Shah Jainam. Formulation and Evaluation of Orodispersible Labetalol Tablet for Hypertensive Crisis. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics. 2013; 3(6): 106-112.
6. Ali MS, Vijendar C, Kumar D Sudheer and Krishnaveni J. Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Oral Films of Diazepam. Journal of Pharmacovigilance. 2016; 4(3): 1-5.
7. Bansal Sumedha, Bansal Mayank and Gopal Garg, Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Film of An Antihypertensive Drug. International Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological. 2013; 3(4): 1097-1108.
8. Bhusnure O.G., Yeote N.S., Shete R.S., Gholve S.B., Giram P.S, Formulation and Evaluation of Oral Fast Dissolving Fim of Gabapentin by QBD approach. International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences. 2018; 8(2): 426-437.
9. Narayana P. Raju, Kumar M. Sravan, Reddy Madhusudhan, and Ravishankar K., Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Films of Loratidine by Solvent Casting Method. The Pharma Innovation – Journal. 2013; 2 (2): 31-35.
10. Deepthi A., Reddy B. Venkateswara, and Navaneetha K., Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Oral Films of Zolmitriptan. American Journal of Advanced Drug Delivery. 2014; 2(2): 153-163.
11. Kadbhane N.S, Shinkar D.M, Saudagar R.B, An Overview on: Orally Fast Dissolving Film. International Journal of ChemTech Research. 2017; 10 (7): 815-821.
12. Pavia D L, Lampman G M, Kriz G S. Introduction to Spectroscopy. Harcourt College Publishers. 2001; 3rd Edition: pp. 13-82.