The antimicrobial are developed either from plants or their parts, animals or even microorganisms. Even the waste generated from the food industry is being considered as an alternative to produce natural antimicrobial, antioxidant, anticancer, anti-inflammatory properties. The most used and wasted substance is orange peel and it is very beneficial for your health. Regular consumption of orange peel is considered highly beneficial for several health ailments. Orange Peels waste is an underutilized residue coming from the orange juice industry. Peels are a rich source of health-giving phytochemicals and they can be applied as a most natural preferable antioxidant and antimicrobial agents in food industry. Orange Peel is very useful than orange fruit. It is used topically as well as orally. Orally use as liquid dosage form and topically use as solid dosage forms.
Cite this article:
Prajakta Jejurkar, S.D. Mankar, Jadhav Harshada. A Review on Orange Peel Powder: It is best from waste. Res. J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochem. 2020; 12(4):224-226. doi: 10.5958/0975-4385.2020.00037.0
Prajakta Jejurkar, S.D. Mankar, Jadhav Harshada. A Review on Orange Peel Powder: It is best from waste. Res. J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochem. 2020; 12(4):224-226. doi: 10.5958/0975-4385.2020.00037.0 Available on: http://rjpponline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-12-4-6
1. Martin MA, Siles JA, Chika AF et al, Biomethanization of orange peel waste, biosource technology, vol-101 issue 23, 2010, 133-140.
2. K. ould yerou, K. Ibri, D. Bouhadi, et al, the use of orange peel as anti-microbial and antioxidant agent, jr. of fundamental and applied science, 2017, 9(3) 1351-1357.
3. A.E. Hegazy and M.I. Ibrahium et al, Antioxidant Activities of Orange Peel Extracts, World Applied Sciences Journal 18 (5): 684-688, 2012.
4. Amra Bratovcic, Effect of Temperature Extraction on the Potassium and Calcium Content in the Lemon and Orange Water Peel Extracts, Journal of Advances in Chemistry Vol 17 (2020) ISSN: 2321-807X.
5. Flavia Teixeira 1,2, Bruna Aparecida dos Santos 2, Graziela Nunes et al, Addition of Orange Peel in Orange Jam: Evaluation of Sensory, Physicochemical, and Nutritional Characteristics, Molecules 2020, 25, 1670.
6. Marion Gaff, Martine Esteban‐Decloux ,Pierre Giampaoli, Bitter orange peel essential oil: A review of the different factors and chemical reactions influencing its composition,flavour and fragrance journal, 2020, (3) 1340-1348.
7. Vincenzo Sicari, Teresa M. Pellicanò ,Valeria Laganà . Marco Poiana, Use of orange by‐products (dry peel) as an alternative gelling agent for marmalade production, Jr. of food processing and preservation, 2017(3) 1248-1257.
8. abdul khaliq suha,suha al-jowari,Ishrak abdul amer et al, Effect of orange peel powder (Citrus sinensis L.) on lipids profile in normal and experimentally-induced oxidative stress albino mice, Jr. of basic and applied research international, 2013, 19(79) 847-854.
9. Shafiya Rafique, rajkumari kaul, S. A. Sofi, et al. Citrus peel as a source of functional ingredient: A review, journal of Saudi society of agricultural sciences, 2018, (17) 351-358